Assistant Property Manager
(Other titles for this position may include Assistant Manager, Assistant Community Manager, Business Manager)
Assistant Property Manager Job Summary:
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for rent collections, resident relations, leasing and bookkeeping functions at the community. Assists the Property Manager and other staff members in all aspects of daily operations as needed and assumes managerial responsibilities in the absence of the Property Manager. The Assistant Property Manager may also assume the job responsibilities of the Leasing Specialist position as needed.
Assistant Property Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comply with and enforce community policies.
• Use customer service and conflict resolution skills to handle resident requests and concerns.
• Assist in resident renewal and retention activities.
• Perform duties required to collect, post, and deposit rental payment, late fees, NSF fees, utility charges, deposits and any other payments required from existing and prospective residents in a timely manner.
• Maintain consistent collection practices including, but not limited to, communicating on a regular basis with resident who have delinquent balances, filing 3-day notice to vacate, forcible detainers, and writs of restitution related to eviction procedures. Notify residents of prepaid balances on their account. Follow up on balances due at move out with residents based on the company’s collection policy.
• Inspect apartments at resident move out, take photos to document damages, assess applicable charges, and complete Final Account Statement for Property Manager approval.
• Maintain resident files in an orderly, organized manner.
• Communicate with the Property Manager any problems regarding resident, operations, maintenance, or staff issues.
• Accept and log resident service request; distribute to the appropriate maintenance person as needed.
• Work with maintenance to ensure information regarding the status of vacant units and of open service request is accurate and up-to-date.
This information is to be used as an overview of responsibilities. Each company, each apartment community may require different/additional responsibilities.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
To perform the job duties successfully, the competencies, skills, and abilities important for this position include:
Customer Service | Oral and Written Communication Skills | Interpersonal Skills | Quality Management | Ethics | Adaptability | Consistent Attendance/Punctuality | Dependability | Organization | Time Management | Computer/Technology Skills Mathematical Ability | Reasoning Ability
Education / Experience Requirements:
Most employers require at a minimum a high school diploma (or equivalent) and at least one year of onsite experience in the apartment (or equivalent) industry.
This information is to be used as an overview of responsibilities of an Assistant Property Manager. Each company, each apartment community may require different/additional responsibilities.