Job Title: General Maintenance Technician
Location: Smithfield, NC
Zip Code: 27577
Job Type: Temporary
General Maintenance Technician Apartment maintenance technicians perform repairs and upgrades that keep the interior and exterior of apartment communities in first-rate condition. Daily responsibilities for technicians change continuously from job to job. They may perform electrical and plumbing repairs, or they may paint and do lawn maintenance work. Handy people who are self-motivated enough to get tough jobs done with no supervision will thrive in this role. Apartment maintenance technicians can be hired by property management companies that service several apartment communities, or work directly for a single apartment to service the needs of its residents alone.
• Prompt and courteous handling of all resident service requests as directed by the office staff
• Prepare vacant apartments in a timely manner
• Maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies
• Assist in setting up a preventative maintenance program
• Assist in the development and maintenance of safe working conditions
• Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe workshop and storage areas
• Maintain & repair all heating equipment such as coils, fans, blowers, controls, etc.
• Maintain & repair electrical panels and protective wiring including all property lighting
• Maintain and repair appliances, general plumbing, pools, and pool equipment
• Perform general carpentry repairs
• Painting, plumbing and pressure washing
• Dispose of litter and debris whenever encountered
• Repair or replace electric motors, controls and auxiliary equipment
• Repair and maintain air conditioning equipment
• Other duties as outlined by the property manager or property supervisor
• Comply with all state and federal regulations relating to waste disposal, hazardous chemical labelling and handling, etc.
• Apartment Maintenance-Handy Man: 1 Year Experience
• Currently Not Working
This information is to be used as an overview of responsibilities for a position in General Maintenance. Each company, each apartment community may require different/additional responsibilities.
About AAA Apartment Staffing
AAA Apartment Staffing is an employment agency servicing the apartment industry nationwide partnering with apartment communities and property management companies since 1998. We provide temporary, temporary-to-permanent, and permanent placement services with no recruitment fees.